The green tea recipe for weight loss is straightforward and has just a few common ingredients that have also been found to aid weight loss and are readily available in all household kitchens. Before knowing How to make Green Tea at Home for Weight Loss, let us first have a glance on the ingredients required. Any standard green tea making recipe will have the following:
Required Ingredients to make green tea at home
Green Tea – 2 gms
Natural Honey – 1 teaspoon
Fresh Cut Lemon – 01 no.
Whereas the ingredients are quite simple, there are a few technicalities involved in making the perfect cup of green tea, Some people also find the taste of green tea somewhat unappealing, especially when compared to the regular black tea, but they’re certainly are a few tried and tested tips to make the green tea taste better which are simple and effective if carefully followed.
A list of top green tea making tips
1) The water used should be fresh, at room temperature, and not previously boiled.
2) The tea should preferably be measured by weight on a kitchen scale, since owing to the different sizes of tea leaves available, a teaspoon measurement might not be accurate or consistent.
3) The honey used should preferably be organic and natural
4) The lemon should also ideally be organic, but undoubtedly fresh and at room temperature.
Now that we have the homemade green tea recipe and some tea tricks up our sleeves, let us discuss the correct method to brew the tea to draw out maximum green tea benefits out of our cup of tea:
Step by step process to make a perfect Green Tea at home
1) Boil the water, it should just start boiling and not have achieved a full rolling boil, In fact water should be at a temperature of around 160- 180 F or between 76 to 82 C. If the water boiled any more, it can burn the delicate tea leaves on contact and turn it bitter and draw astringency
2) Put the tea leaves in previously hot water rinsed pot, pour the boiling water, cover and infuse from between 2-3 minutes based on the strength required. This timing is crucial, so be careful.
3) Strain the tea liquor in the teacup. Add the honey and squeeze the fresh lemon juice, taking care not to include the seeds. Stir slowly once or twice.
4) Enjoy your Green Tea. In some studies, I found that it is best to have green tea between meals and not on an empty stomach.
Now you know how we make a perfect green tea, but we also agree with the fact that there are plenty of another way exist and if you know some share your recipe with us in the comment box.