The very best of Dance-Pop Songs for 2013
Dance-pop is a popular genre of music which is basically dance-oriented pop music. The term “disco” became outdated by late 1970s which gave birth to dance pop in the early 1980s. It features post-disco music usually containing elements like synthpop and electropop. It tends to be more electronic, auto-tuned and synthesized and this results in a generally up-tempo music intended for clubs or discos and even parties with the intention making people groove to the beats. It borrows some elements from contemporary R&B, house, techno and synthpop. Dance-pop usually has strong beats with simple, catchy and uncomplicated song verses similar to pop music. It has quite the dance-y tune with great beats and grooves one can’t fail to get addicted to.
Dance-pop is an extremely popular style. And why wouldn’t it be? Who doesn’t like to party or have some fun? And dance-pop is all about fun and party. It’s not surprising that there are bunch of artists and groups who fall in this genre and are well known internationally. Some names include Justin Timberlake, Britney Spears, Usher, Jennifer Lopez, Celine Dion, Madonna, Kylie Minogue, Michael Jackson, Lady Gaga, Taio Cruz, Spice Girls, Christina Aguilera, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Shakira and Kesha and many more.
International artists under this group include Super Juniors, T-ara, 2NE1, 2PM, U-Kiss, SHINee, PERFUME, SPEED and so on.
Let’s take at the dance music dictating the trend for the year 2013. Due to its popularity, it’s guaranteed that at least a few dozen songs must be already out there by this forth month. Why don’t we filter out the very best for this year? Here are the best 20 songs (not listed in any particular order) which will make you want to get up and move to those sensational beats.
1. Baauer – Harlem Shake
2. Swedish House Mafia – Don’t You Worry Child
3. Psy – Gangnam Style
4. Will I. Am – Scream and Shout
5. Pitbull – Don’t Stop The Party
6. Ke$sha – Die Young
7. One Direction – What Makes You Beautiful
8. Flo-Rida – Let It Roll
9. Afrojack Featuring Chris Brown – As Your Friend
10. Cazzette – Beam Me Up (Kill-Mode)
11. Arianna Featuring Pitbull – Sexy People (The Fiat Song)
12. Mayra Veronica – Ay Mama Mia
13. Tegan And Sara – Closer
14. Icona Pop – I Love It (feat. Charli XCX)
15. David Guetta feat. Sia – Titanium
16. Chris Brown – Don’t Wake Me Up
17. Rihanna – Where Have You Been
18. Pixie Lott – All About Tonight
19. Richard Vission vs. Luciana – When It Feels This Good
20. Katy Perry – Wide Awake
These are the twenty sensational songs that are going to bring colors and beats into your life. So grab yourself a couple of these songs, tune in and let yourself go wild. Such is the power of dance-pop; dance plus pop combined. Explosive combination, to say the least