How to Increase Your Wi-Fi Signal Using an Empty Beer Can
Have you ever sat in your house thinking about your poor Wi-Fi signal? If you have, then we’ve got a great solution to fix your problem with the use of just an empty beer can. This simple hack is a lot more economical than many others which require a lot more labour and money. This easy to make Wi-Fi booster can your increase your Wi-Fi reception from about 2 bars to 4 bars (average). So before we start the process, make sure you check your Wi-Fi reception.
A utility knife
Some adhesive putty
- An empty beer can
- Wash and clean the empty beer can.
- Dry the can.
- Use the utility knife to cut off the bottom of the can, be careful while you’re doing this.
- Now remove the ring-pull of the can.
- Similar to the 3rd step, cut the top part almost all the way. Leave a small part of metal to use as the base of our Wi-Fi booster.
- Cut along the middle of the can, make sure you cut the can in a straight line and opposite to the piece of metal attaching to the base.
- Carefully, open up the middle part of the metal by bending it with your hands.
- Now place our Wi-Fi booster on top of your Wi-Fi router and make sure the antennae comes through the small opening.
- Stick the booster’s base to the router using some good quality adhesive and make sure it stays there firmly.
- Now check your Wi-Fi signal.