15 Little Known Harry Potter Facts
The Harry Potter Series is undoubtedly an immortal franchise. Almost everyone has read the books or at least seen the movies depicting this epic story. The thing that separates Harry Potter from every other fandom is quite unique. Every series speaks to a generation or a segment of a generation. Harry Potter fandom on the other hand is pretty diverse. It comprises of people of so many different ages worldwide, it just shows how universal the series really is. As an ode to this huge fandom, we have compiled a list of little known-movie and book facts that are going to blow your mind.
So buckle up people, here are some little-known facts about the Harry Potter Franchise:
1. Ever wondered how a muggle would see ‘Hogwarts’? Apparently, they would just see an old ruined castle with signs warning them to keep out because it’s dangerous.
2. We all know that in the popular sitcom, Hannah Montana’s brother, Jackson, is played by Jason Earles who was well above 30 years. Similarly, in Harry Potter Moaning was played by 37 year old actress in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets”.
3. Dementors, the deadly phantoms or the flying demons, however you put it, are a symbol of depression. Rowling has said that they were based on her own fight with this disease.
4. Remember the trip Harry and Ron made in “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” to reach Hogwarts? They took a flying car. One of the flying cars from the movie’s set was stolen but again recovered after seven months after an anonymous caller tipped the police with its whereabouts.
5. Nobody could have predicted that Snape’s fate would end that way. But it would make you jealous that nobody, except one person (who happened to be Alan Rickman, the actor who played Professor Snape) knew about Snape’s fate way before the release of “Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows” because Rowling informed him about it in advance.
6. Rupert Grint, the actor who played Ron, made for an interesting audition. He decided to dress up like his female drama teacher and then rap about Ron Weasley. His rap began, “Hello, my name is Rupert Grint, I hope you don’t think I stink.”
7. Harry Potter might have ended up having a musical had Rowling not declined Michael Jackson when he offered her the possibility.
8. Robbie Coltrane, the actor who played Hagrid in the films, has ended up with a mini-fan and a fruit bat stuck in his famous, huge and shaggy beard.
9 A funny fact about “Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets” is that the children cast members ended up with lice during the filming of the film. The reason isn’t clear.
10. How do you pronounce Voldemort? In the actual pronunciation, the ’t’ is silent. French to English translation of the name roughly means ‘Flight of Death/Thief of Death’.
11. David Holmes, Daniel Radcliffe’s stunt double in the first six films, is now wheelchair bound because of a stunt that went wrong in the sixth film, ‘Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows’.
12. What’s the Hogwarts school motto? It is “Draco domiens nunquam titillandus” which is Latin for “Never poke a sleeping Dragon”.
13. While filming the third movie,“Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban,” Tom Felton, the actor who played Draco Malfoy, had to het his Hogwarts robe’s pockets sewn shut because he repeatedly kept sneaking food onto the set.
14. Perhaps one of the reasons why the Weasley twins love to goof and fool around maybe because Fred and George Weasley were born on April Fools’ day.
15. Seeing Rowling’s financial status rocket to sky would make many consider writing a book. But the only person to become a billionaire just by writing a book is J.K. Rowling.
So if you don’t want to go around jumping pages after pages on the net, we have compiled a list of these facts in one place for you. Enjoy them as much as you enjoyed reading Harry Potter.